History

The farmhouse 'Azienda Agricola Tarantola dei Conti Testa', also known as 'Masseria Merlo', dates back to the 19th century. Located in the middle of Alcamo D.O.C, it is renowned not only for the natural fertility of its lands, but also for a mineral spring that, wisely channeled in very ancient pipes, runs through part of the vineyards to flow in a marvelous, hand-sculptured drinking trough made of stone of 1889. The ancient drinking trough is 12.50 meters long and 3.50 wide and is the symbol of an enterprise that, although having introduced several machine and equipment renewals and realized numerous land improvements over the years, has never lost any of its architectonical details that are now part of history

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

©2007 Azienda Agrituristica Tarantola di Filippo Testa Contrada Tarantola 91011 Alcamo P.iva 03140680822 - www.gorgodeldrago.it